Welcome to the Pronunciation Station page!
The Pronunciation Station is a real-time combined display of ultrasound and external video. This station presents where the tongue is situated relative to the user’s side view. This allows the speaker to receive bio-visual feedback and allow the speaker to correct their pronunciation in real-time.
Benefits for students:
- The pronunciation station provides bio-visual feedback
- Visualizes the tongue placement to help the speaker with the proper pronunciation in unfamiliar languages or complex sounds
Benefits for instructors:
- Allows immediate classroom material to be presented in real time
- Allows the students to be corrected in real time
Other possible uses:
- Speech therapy
- Teaching linguistics
- Teaching complex sounds in language courses
The pronunciation station was built by a 2019 Capstone group, featuring Juliana Hamada, Cindy Ling, Joshua Ng, and Derek Tam.
If you are interested in using this station within your classroom, please email Dr. Burton: